Job Title: Receiving and Delivery Driver
Employee Type: Part-Time (up to 25 hours per week) / Non-Exempt
Reports to: Operations Manager
Supervisory Responsibilities: None – works independently
Summary: The receiving/delivery driver will be responsible for pickup of donated items to the Apache Junction Food Bank on a regular prescribed schedule. The role will interface with store receiving personnel and managers. Primary responsibilities include loading, unloading, completion of required paperwork, and provide support in the warehouse if needed. The driver will always represent the Apache Junction Food Bank in a professional and courteous manner.
Compensation: $13.50 per hour. There are no health benefits or vacation/medical leave offered with this position. Personal/time off is accrued based on Arizona State Law. Four paid holidays a year.
Essential Job Functions: (*Qualifies as a safety sensitive requirement.)
- *Conduct daily vehicle safety checks.
- Pick up donated food items/orders at various locations, verify product is checked in, complete and sign required paperwork.
- *Practice safe food handling procedures.
- *Practice safe driving by obeying traffic laws at all times.
- *Ensure vehicle runs properly; ensure gas tank is full; keep back of truck free of debris; ensure exterior and interior are clean; mop truck box weekly; report all malfunctions and necessary repairs to the operations manager.
- Stock truck with appropriate number of boxes and crates.
- Valid Arizona Driver’s License in good standing with no traffic citations or DUI in the last five (5) years.
- Complete a background check.
- Complete pre-employment drug/alcohol testing
- Current food handlers’ card and forklift operator certification or ability to obtain.
- Must be 25 years of age or older.
- Able to work flexible hours.
- Safety oriente
- Read and speak English.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Able to multi-task and problem solve in a fast-paced environment.
- One to two years of Commercial Driving experience preferred.
- Experience driving a 16” box truck preferred.
- Experience operating lift gate preferred.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described below are representative of those required in this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Sitting, standing, and walking.
- Lifting, raising or lowering an object from one level to another (includes upward pulling up to 50 pounds).
- Carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing, and balancing.
- Work will be conducted in a warehouse environment.
- May encounter temperatures ranging from 32 to over 100 degrees.
- May occasionally walk on slippery surfaces.
- Noise level in the work environment is such that he/she may have to shout to be heard.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Numeracy and literacy skills.
Application Process: Submit completed application and a recent copy of your Arizona Driver License Motor Vehicle Report. The complete job description and application may be found on the food bank web site form (the form may be found on our website: https://www.ajfoodbank.org/). Mail application materials to Jim Jones, Operations Manager, Apache Junction Food Bank, 575 N. Idaho Rd., Suite 701, Apache Junction, AZ 85119-4015 or submit electronically to email@example.com.